“Mr. Kauffman, after reading your kind and thorough letter, I was telling our neighbors about how you and your staff had gone above and beyond on this. I told them I had found a law firm that had to be one of the best. To my surprise, they said that they had a better law firm. When I shared your firm’s name, they burst out in laughter, and said that they were also talking about your firm.”
Michael Duffy, Cynthia Duffy, and Colleen Duffy, Dodge Center, Minnesota
Kreg Kauffman has been working for injured persons and their families for over 40 years. He negotiates, settles, and tries claims involving all areas of personal injury and wrongful death.
With Kreg’s experience, Kauffman Law Firm has obtained multiple recoveries in excess of $1 million. Kreg obtained one of the largest personal injury verdicts in Fillmore County—representing a farmer who fractured his elbow in a car accident. Kreg obtained a jury verdict of more than $500,000 against the City of Red Wing for breach of contract in a case that went to the Minnesota Court of Appeals twice. Who says you can’t fight City Hall?
Kreg is licensed to practice in Minnesota (former Judicial Law Clerk), Iowa (former Assistant Attorney General), and Wisconsin. He is a Certified Neutral—acting as an arbitrator or mediator to help other lawyers negotiate and settle civil cases. He received the Professional Excellence Award from the Minnesota State Bar Association for pro bono legal services provided to victims of the I-35 Bridge Collapse.
Kreg has been elected by his peers to leadership positions in organizations that fight for justice for injured persons and their families including the Minnesota Association for Justice (formerly Minnesota Trial Lawyers Association) and the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota (ACTLM).
Although Kauffman Law Firm represents injured persons and their families in all areas of personal injury and wrongful death, Kreg has developed a particular passion for brain injury survivors and other persons with disabilities. Kreg has been a requested speaker at the Mayo Clinic Annual Brain Injury Conference, the Brain Injury Association of Minnesota State Conference, and the Rochester Brain Injury Community Committee Conference. Kreg is active in the brain injury community and has been recognized several times for his volunteer work by the Brain Injury Association of Minnesota.
Kreg grew up in Des Moines, Iowa and graduated from the University of Iowa—undergraduate and law school.
In his free time, Kreg enjoys sports and spending time with his family on the Mississippi River.
EDUCATION AND PRACTICE
- Graduated with Distinction, University of Iowa Law School 1977.
- Judicial Law Clerk, The Honorable Urban J. Steimann, Third Judicial District, State of Minnesota, Faribault, MN.
- Assistant Attorney General, Iowa Department of Justice, Tort Claims Division.
- Licensed to practice in all Federal and State courts in Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.
MAJOR VERDICTS AND SETTLEMENTS
- Multiple traumatic brain injury recoveries for more than $1 million.
- Multiple wrongful death recoveries for more than $1 million.
- Significant confidential settlement in a ski injury case resulting in amputation of right arm.
- $500,000 plus jury verdict against City of Red Wing for breach of contract.
- National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA).
- Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ).
- Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA).
- Olmsted County Bar Association (OCBA).
- Selected by peers as a Minnesota Personal Injury Super Lawyer ™ in Personal Injury Law.
2003, 2006 – 2020. More than 15 consecutive years.
- Selected by peers as a Leading Minnesota Attorney in Personal Injury Law by the American Research Corporation.
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Past Dean of the Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota (ACTLM).
- Served on Executive Committee and Board of Governors of Minnesota Association for Justice (MAJ).
- Requested speaker at numerous MTLA/MAJ Annual Conventions and Seminars.
- Requested speaker/panel member at Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Seminar: “2007 Preventing Legal Malpractice Claims and Ethics Complaints in Your Law Practice”.
- Requested speaker at Mayo Clinic Brain Injury Conference, Minnesota Brain Injury Association Conference, and Rochester Brain Injury Community Committee Conferences.
- Featured in Headlines “Member Spotlight” for the Brain Injury Association of Minnesota. Read more.
- Minnesota State Bar Association Civil Litigation Section Council—Past Member.
- Olmsted County Bar Association Bench and Bar Liaison Committee—Past Chair.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Delta Chi Fraternity, Iowa City, Iowa—Past National Legal Advisor.
- Awarded the Professional Excellence Award from the Minnesota State Bar Association for pro bono legal services provided to victims of the I-35 Bridge Collapse.
- Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance—Professional Roundtable.
- Iowa Brain Injury Alliance—Professional Member.
- Rochester Brain Injury Community Committee—Past Co-Chair. Read more.
- Ability Building Center (ABC)—Director and Past Board President.
Provides Rehabilitation and Employment Services for Persons with Disabilities and
Other Special Needs.
- Southeastern Minnesota Center for Independent Living (SEMCIL)
Past Board President and Past Director.
Provides Independent Living Services for Persons with Disabilities and Other Special Needs.
- Wing House—Past Board President and Past Director.
Provides Transient Residential Living Program for TBI Survivors.
- Bear Creek Services Foundation—Past Director.
Provides Residential Services for TBI Survivors and Persons With Other Special Needs.
- Rochester Chamber of Commerce Leadership Greater Rochester. Read more.
Past Advisory Committee Chair and Past Steering Committee Chair.
- City of Rochester Charter Commission—Past Director.
- Rochester MN Sports–Director and Vice President.
- Rochester MN Sports Foundation–Director.
We offer a free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us first. For a free consultation:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call us at 507-285-5350 or 877-285-5350